April 15, 2009

Incidentally...1: NYC parking tickets processed in Ghana

We have a new site www.g-lish.org where you can read all articles from This is Ghana in a much more organised fashion. Read Incidentally...1: NYC parking tickets processed in Ghana there.


I bet you didn’t know that if you get a parking ticket in New York City it is processed in Ghana? Yes. It’s cheaper and more efficient to outsource data processing of the parking tickets to this little West African nation than to process them in the Big Apple. If you did get a ticket, you probably don’t care about that. Anyway, AT Kearney ranked Ghana as No.1 in global outsourcing destinations in 2007.

I must admit that that really surprised me. Mostly because the power cuts out at least ten times a day; I just can’t imagine how the data processors do it. Generators, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...